Note taking tips
By: Joe Carlson
- When taking notes, the most important thing is to show up
to class awake and alert. If you show up tired, you are already
putting yourself behind.
- Be sure to write down anything the teacher writes on the board.
If it's worth their effort to write down, it's important.
- During a typical lecture, the professor will talk for almost
the entire class. The only thing you'll get from trying to
write down every word is a sore arm. Instead, listen carefully
to what your teacher says. When they start to move on, jot
down a sentence that addresses the topic briefly.
- Along the same lines, it is best if you write down general
topics in class, and then go back later to fill in the details.
Not only does this help to complete your notes, it tests your
understanding of the material that was covered.
- It is important to adhere to the GradeGenie
Terms and Conditions.
Be familiar with what is allowed and what isn't allowed to be